Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, âquest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene is currently looking to hire a Director within our Business Development organization. The Business Development organization include activity associated with mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, joint ventures, distribution agreements, and alliances.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead / Drive evaluation of new business opportunities and lead diligence visits
- Lead negotiation teams and formulate proposed offers for business transactions
- Leads the operational activities of the department including triage review, semi-annual oncology boards, etc
- Ensures the department goals developed by the SVP BD are tracked and performance maintained at high level
- Lead multifunctional diligence and transaction teams to meet near-term goals (e.g. term sheet, definitive language agreements and alliances). Requires leveraging relationships and motivational skills to influence other line functions and Celgene as a Corporation
- Interacts on a daily basis with Celgene executive level management. Update management committees on ongoing business discussions as well as leading relationships with investment bankers and industry executives
- Concurrently manages 4-6 projects (domestic and international) highly complex business opportunities. Requires prioritization of projects in-line with group and corporate goals
- Capable of preparation of all appropriate proposal documents, including market and financial analyses, and leads the project through the approval process
- In conjunction with Business Development, acts as a liaison to external advisors such as investment bankers, attorneys and due diligence consultants. Can serve as lead Celgene representative in such matters.
- Represents Celgene at external meetings, conferences, seminars to access new opportunities and to develop external network. Can serve as lead Celgene representative in such matters.
- BS in biology, chemistry, or related science or BA in economics.
- MBA or PhD/MD preferred.
- 5-7 years experience with above skills in pharmaceutical / biotech industry.
- Requires expertise in either drug development, sales & marketing or finance.
- Solid leadership potential / skill. Must lead cross-functional deal teams to responsible decision via open communication, dialogue and a âgetting to the truthâ mentality. Ability to lead via influence vs line authority.
- Very strong oral & written communication skills
- Strong scientific and industry knowledge.
- Ability to work multitask in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Capable of carrying out assigned functions independently in an expeditions and thoughtful manner
- Excellent critical thinking skills: An ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.