Serves as a therapy area and product expert for both internal and external customers.
Conducts medical review to ensure medical accuracy, currency and scientific-balance of promotional and medical communications materials produced by internal business partners.
Develops and reviews local medical information content, ensuring accuracy, currency and scientific balance of all scientific and clinical information provided by Medical Information (MI) colleagues.
Collaborates with regional/local MI affiliates to drive best practices and develop and execute MI action plans when product related issues are identified.
Leads and/or contributes to MI planning for new product launches, line extensions, and key data releases, as applicable.
Proactively analyzes global customer inquiry data to identify trends and knowledge gaps; strategically communicates actionable customer insights to cross-functional stakeholders to inform business planning.
Participates in/leads departmental initiatives aimed at enhancing processes as well as the global delivery of medical information.
Participates in mentoring, coaching and training of new and existing colleagues. Serves as a role-model for Medical Information Managers and provides them with strategic and technical/functional guidance.
1. Conducts medical review of branded and unbranded promotional materials, market access and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) materials and medical communications materials to ensure accuracy, currency, scientific balance and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Collaborates on strategy/development of materials (e.g. concept reviews) as applicable and drives toward solutions on challenging issues. Shares best practices across therapeutic areas.
2. Develops and reviews local medical information content, ensuring accuracy, currency and scientific balance of all scientific and clinical information provided by MI colleagues. Contributes to the planning, development, and review of global medical information content.
3. Acts as a resource and source of guidance for Medical Information Managers regarding functional activities including local MI content creation update and therapy area expertise.
4. Exhibits a thorough understanding of assigned therapeutic area and pertinent disease state(s).
5. Collaborates with regional/local MI affiliates to drive best practices and develop and execute MI action plans when product related issues are identified. May serve as the global MI point of contact for a specific local MI affiliate to communicate global updates and obtain key insights to bring back to the broader global team.
6. Represents Medical Information at interdisciplinary meetings and related initiatives to provide therapy area information on the company’s products.
7. Leads and/or contributes to MI planning for new product launches, line extensions, and key data releases, as applicable.
8. Proactively analyzes global customer inquiry data to identify trends and knowledge gaps; strategically communicates actionable customer insights to cross-functional stakeholders to inform business planning.
9. Utilizes the appropriate information resources to identify published literature and respond to medical information inquiries from healthcare professionals, consumers, and internal business partners verbally and/or in writing; prepares customized responses as needed and accurately
- Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in a pharmaceutical science preferred
- RPh or RN with previous pharmaceutical industry-based Drug Information experience considered
- 3-5 years of Drug Information, or related Clinical Pharmacy Practice/Managed Care experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience Required
- Relevant therapeutic background desired
- Promotional review experience preferred
- Must be a strong team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing needs and competing demands.
- Must Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize projects effectively.
- Solutions oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow through.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.