Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This role is responsible for supporting the Director, Publications Operations (Dir. PubOps) to ensure that the Global SciCom Department develops and delivers publication tactics efficiently and consistently, while adhering to corporate policies and regulation. The Asc. PubOps Project Manager is engaged in cross-therapeutic publication organization and tracking, repository and archive building, collection of process and impact metrics, in addition to other project management activities as assigned by the Dir. PubOps . The Asc. PubOps Project Manager establishes strong partnerships with SciCom therapeutic team members and internal cross-functional stakeholders to support the implementation of best practices and process standardization. Activities related to this role ensure optimal departmental efficiency, audit readiness, consistency, and appropriate resource utilization. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical to this role in enabling partnership with internal and external colleagues, vendors, and collaborators.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Has a Global mindset and able to work collaboratively with various geographies across therapeutic area.
- Supports process standardization to ensure best in class and consistent publications practices across Celgene cross-functional teams (Global, regions, affiliates).
- Ensures optimal and consistent departmental l processes related to publications compliance and good publication practices. Supports the Director, Publication Operations and compliance partners in the design and conduct of quality inspection, monitoring and audit readiness procedures.
- Maintains several tracking tools, and ensures coordination with the cross-functional teams for budget efficiencies, courtesy reviews, permissions for congress presentations.
- Performs monthly report for publication and congress activities, and develops and sends regular updates to the cross-functional teams and affiliates
- Assists in the development of a publication training curriculum for new colleagues involved in publications activities at Celgene (Clinical, Med Affairs, HEOR, PK/PD, Safety, Translational, Affiliate, etc).
- Supports the cross-functional teams, when needed with the coordination of medical education enduring material.
- Generates analytic reports related to publications, and congress submissions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on departmental databases, repositories, and project planning, management tools, providing support to therapeutic teams to ensure consistent storage of documents and materials.
- Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values. Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
- Scientific Degree (BSc, MSc, Pharm D, PhD) preferred
- Experience in publication planning/coordination required
- Experience or background in working within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry greater than 5 years preferred.
- Experience in publication planning (ISMPP membership, CMPP certification- > 5 yrs preferred.
- Awareness of compliance issues and guidelines around medical education and publications practices (ICMJE, GPP3, spend transparency, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Ability to provide clear, concise reports to cross-functional teams
- Excellent project management skills; highly organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to conceptually organize projects for diverse audiences. Global mindset and foreign languages are strong assets
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams to ensure successful execution of deliverables
- Multi task, prioritize projects effectively and communicate with external agency partners and internal colleagues
- Flexible, with positive attitude, and highly self-motivated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and experience working with document management systems (Datavision, SharePoint, etc.)
- Some domestic travel may be required
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.