Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assists in the development of a global disease-area scientific communications plan, and ensures optimal execution of plan.
2. Ensures timely publication and global communication of key data at major congresses
3. Directs, reviews and approves manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and other documents to ensure appropriate evaluation and presentation of data, methodology, interpretation
4. Builds relationships with both internal and external global experts to drive a communication plan that advances the medical knowledge/understanding of company products and pipeline data, moves science forward, and ensures optimal benefit for patients.
5. Establishes strong relationships with medical thought leaders, patient advocacy groups, and professional societies as to drive productive collaborations.
6. Ensures proper development and review of publications/presentations that comply with laws, regulations and guidelines. Aware of current trends within the industry. Helps Director to establish best practices within the Scientific Communications group and shares knowledge with and assists global Scientific Communications affiliates and vendors, as necessary.
7. Develops expert understanding of disease state and current medical and/or regulatory issues related to company products. Contributes to therapeutic expertise during protocol design phase.
8. Serves as internal global disease-area scientific and research expert to support cross-functional strategies and other scientific communication deliverables.
9. Proactively seeks learning opportunities to promote professional growth while meeting business needs. Seeks business initiatives/stretch assignments and serves as mentor to the team.
10. Assist Director by acting as liaison/representing Scientific Communications at intra- and interdepartmental meetings, participating in decisions that impact the overall medical/scientific and commercial support of products within the therapeutic teams.
11. Drives decisions that affect the overall workload, strategies, functional capabilities, and operations of the therapeutic team. Helps to establish the long-range goals and objectives for the team, including proces
Skills/Knowledge Required: -
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.