Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Design, perform, and interpret experiments focused on appropriate goals, participate in process transfers, troubleshoot issues, and support GMP manufacturing activities. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the cell culture laboratory and communicate with collaborators. Contribute to process characterization and validation activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Independently design and execute/implement cellular process development, characterization, and optimization studies on one or more of the following areas: cell culture, cell harvesting, immuno-selection, tissue processing, cryopreservation, phenotyping, transduction etc.
• Provide technical and operational input to team experiments
• Prioritize and characterize process variables, contribute to validation design and execution.
• Contribute on cross-functional teams to ensure efficient internal or external process transfers
• Solve problems that arise, including those in larger teams and process transfers
• Demonstrate proficiency in analytics, statistical analysis, and effective presentation of analysis
• Present research findings to other groups and provide broader scientific guidance
• Document experimental results in peer-reviewed reports
• Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
• Define/maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations
• B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology related discipline with 6 or more years of relevant experience or M.S. with 4 or more years of relevant experience
• Creativity to define the future of manufacturing for cell-based therapies
• Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
• Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work without technical supervision
• Must have strong engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cellular process development
• Ability to assess risk and develop contingency plans for process risks
• Experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
• Experience working in a regulated environment or with cell therapies would be advantageous
• Excellent verbal, written, and collaboration skills
• Interpersonal skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations
• Must be proficient in statistical data processing software such as JMP or Minitab
• Ability to review, interpret, and disseminate relevant developments in the literature
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.