Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
The Director, Compliance Data Analytics will be a core member of the Global Compliance Team reporting directly to the VP, Compliance Audit & Inspection Group. The primary area of focus for this role will be within the field of Healthcare Compliance, but may also extend into other compliance areas as well (ie, GxP, EHS, etc.). The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-level of scientific acumen and analytical experience, and have a proven track record of building and leading a new capability.
The Director is responsible for developing, implementing and managing Global Compliances’ data mining and analytics programs including developing and presenting associated data analytics reports to management. Work outcomes are expected to provide insights from a variety of data sources that facilitate early detection and correction of potential non-compliance and enhance internal audit functions to further align audit plans to company strategy and risk.
The Director will maintain awareness of industry enforcement trends and results and will take the necessary steps to propose appropriate technology, business, audit, and monitoring recommendations to meet regulatory standards. In addition, the Director will also provide analytical expertise in support of other Global Compliance programs as deemed relevant.
- Drive innovation within the functional area through data analytics and system automation; develop and implement initiatives to enhance customer value and strengthen regulatory compliance
- Partner with Key Stakeholders including but not limited to Franchise Leadership, Global Compliance, Legal, Finance, IT, etc. to design and implement data analytic solutions utilizing multiple data sources. Continually re-assess these solutions in efforts to optimize them for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns and identify targeted information
- Establish traditional as well as advanced visual and predictive analytic methodologies and identify/use appropriate software packages to enable.
- Develop and present meaningful, accurate, and effective data analytics reports/presentations to senior management and ensure follow-up on any areas that require corrective action
- Drive the implementation of data analytics usage across various functions within GC
- Mixture of multidisciplinary skills ranging from mathematics, statistics, computer science, communication and healthcare compliance
- Can translate data-driven insights into decision and actions
- Can influence without authority
- Strong Problem solver
- Strategic, proactive, creative, innovative and collaborative
- Able to engage with senior management
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with a major in one of the following areas preferred: Accounting, Business, Finance, Engineering, MIS. A dual major/minor combination including technology (e.g., Computer Science or Management Information Systems) and business (e.g., Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, Statistics) highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of applicable HCC laws and guidance; including but not limited to OIG guidelines, AMA guidelines, PhRMA Code, Corporate Integrity Agreements, and global anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws, including but not limited to the FCPA. Compliance, internal audit or risk experience (or equivalent) a plus
- Professional accreditation preferred (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA, CCEP, etc.)
- 10-15+ years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience, including minimum 4-6 six years of data analytics experience: 10 years with Advanced Degree (MSc., MPH, PhD in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, or related field with a substantial statistical component; or postdoctoral fellowship and/or accredited training in data-related sciences with a substantial statistical component).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of analytical approaches (ex. visual analytics, statistical analysis, predictive modeling,)
- Hands-on knowledge of analytical tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Oracle, OBIEE, Basware, and Concur
- Advanced data analytics and data mining skills commonly used in healthcare industry (claims, prescription, sales etc.)
- Experience working with cloud computing and ‘big data’ platforms is a plus
- High level problem solving, discretion/judgment, detail-oriented and confidentiality; comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt style and tactics based on situation
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to forge strong relationships with all levels of the organization
- High level of influencing skills and ability to drive change as it relates to implementing remedial actions; balances diplomacy and respectfulness with assertiveness
- Ability to effectively prepare and present analytical written and oral communications appropriate for multiple audiences and levels within the organization
- Considers and incorporates global perspectives and requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of programming languages - R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of SQL, relational databases, structured and unstructured data
- Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities and success in roles leading teams providing evaluations and deliverables related to compliance, finance and risk within healthcare and healthcare business risk and regulatory compliance areas.
- Substantial travel beyond 10% is not expected