Other Locations:US- WA- Seattle
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Working in collaboration with computational, biological and clinical scientists across the global Celgene Research and Early Development organization, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Integrate data across multiple public datasets and platforms to identify new targets, evaluate external opportunities, and influence clinical trial decisions.
- Apply published computational approaches to generate key insights.
- Develop or maintain data management workflows.
- Collaborate with research colleagues to interrogate clinical phenotypes and develop biomarkers that enable molecular segmentation of key disease subpopulations.
- Present and report methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard, both internally and outside the company where required. Contribute to study reports, invention disclosures, investigator brochures, IND applications, and other regulatory documents.
- Ph.D. in immunology, computational biology, clinical statistics, or related discipline, with 1+ years experience in applied computational research in university, hospital or biotechnology environments; or M.S. or B.S. with 4+ or 6+ years of equivalent experience, respectively.
- Experience with analysis of large immune and disease related gene expression datasets and associated statistical analyses required.
- Demonstrated experience using R or python with biostatistics such as linear regression and exploratory approaches, such as Principal Component Analysis.
- Expertise using a wide range of contemporary, open-source informatics tools and database structures in varied computing environments.
- Proven ability to collaborate and problem-solve productively as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent verbal and written English language skills are required.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.