We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and resourceful Immunologist to join a team focused on the discovery and characterization of novel drug candidates that modulate Regulatory T Cells (Treg) for the treatment of both autoimmune diseases and cancer. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying new drug targets and for characterization of the mechanism-of-action of drug candidates. This position is within a new Celgene group resulting from the recent acquisition of Delinia, Inc., and is located in Emeryville, CA.
Candidates should have a deep understanding of cellular immunology, immune tolerance, and autoimmunity and/or immuno-oncology. Extensive laboratory experience with the culture, functional characterization, and molecular profiling of human T cells is required. Specific experience with the biology of Tregs and/or with the use of humanized mouse models is highly desirable.
• Developing cross-functional scientific knowledge.
• Draw appropriate conclusions and make recommendations on next steps.
• Demonstrate ability to write peer reviewed quality work.
• Able to write invention disclosure for patent application, technical reports, technical protocols.
• Scientific expert in specific area.
• General awareness of drug discovery and development process.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Acts as a liaison between Project Team and functional area.
• Lead scientist on projects.
• Identify and recommend new technology.
• Provide scientific direction.
• Ownership of compliance and identification of potential gaps.
• Potential to manage and/or coordinates workflow on projects.
• Align science and functional area goals with business strategies.
• Manage resources appropriately.
• Works as an individual contributor.
• Viewed as an expert within the department.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
• Critically assesses projects and formulates ideas to increase success.
• Contributes ideas and develops case or position inside the department.
• Able to contribute to multiple projects.
• Able to recognize patterns/trends in data and apply new research directions.
• Stays informed of project trends, issues and organizes priorities related to own work. Communicates and uses this information to increase productivity.
Teamwork and Influence:
• Communicates with cross functional team.
• Directly impact the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
• Actively represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
• Direct impact on departmental performance.
• Impact is achieved by contributing to team efforts.
• Acts with integrity
• Analysis of issues
• Building relationships
• Coaching and developing others
• Delivers presentations
• Develops systems & process
• Fosters open communication
• Influence others
• Manages execution
• Use sound judgment
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.