Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene’s Corporate Strategy team plays a critical role in harnessing knowledge and insights to develop long range plans, strategies and decision-shaping insights and recommendations, through engagement with multiple Celgene business leaders across franchises and functions, integrated with dynamic analysis of the market, competitive and industry context. Team members bring together their deep expertise and experience to help shape and articulate key strategies and decisions throughout the organization.
At the direction of the CVP of Corporate Strategy, this role will provide strategic, analytical, and financial decision-making support for various external and internal strategic assessments and initiatives. Collaborate and coordinate with senior management, finance, global marketing, business development, and other operational stakeholders to develop and maintain 5-year and 10-year long range plans, franchise and business strategies, portfolio prioritization exercises and other corporate strategies and financial planning efforts.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Work directly with the CVP of Corporate Strategy, CFO, Business Development, and other key senior management members to provide strategic insights, financial analysis and other business input in to key strategic decisions and business opportunities
2. Work with the CVP Corporate Strategy, CFO, Financial Planning & Analysis, International Finance and other key senior management members to develop and maintain 5-year and 10-year long range plans, strategies and corporate strategic and financial initiatives
3. Work with CVP Corporate Strategy and various project teams and development committees to provide analytical and decision-making support to the Portfolio Review Committee. Prepare and analyze corporate-wide portfolio review and assessments of clinical pipeline and commercial line extensions
4. Assess current and future competitors in relevant therapeutic and disease areas, and benchmark financial and operating performance against peer group. Compare and contrast competitor strategies, gather and evaluate industry insights and work with key internal constituents to generate insights to help inform Celgene corporate strategy
5. At the direction of the CVP of Corporate Strategy and CFO assist in the development of the annual global budget to further enhance the alignment of target setting to corporate strategic objectives
6. Provide analytical and decision making support for various other corporate strategic objectives and decisions. Generate strategic and financial valuation models to formulate specific recommendations on strategic options and investment strategies
7. Develop and maintain multi-year financial projections for multiple business lines across geographies and franchises
8. Work directly with the CVP of Corporate Strategy, CFO, Business Development, and other key senior management members to provide strategic and financial input and coordinate resolution of business and financial issues related to various business transactions such as acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing transactions and spin outs. Provide analytical support for merger and acquisition evaluation and activity and the impact on the corporate P&L, financially and strategically
9. Support corporate strategic projects, including analysis of asset value/divestiture, development/commercial partnerships
10. Present and discuss implications of strategic assessments and recommendations to senior executives
• Advanced degree, MBA or Scientific degree required
• Experience in pharmaceutical marketing and/or strategy or other analytical or scientific disciplines required
• Executive presence and ability to interact comfortably with senior management
• Experience developing and maintaining complex financial models
• Expert user of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to work as a team player and collaborate in a very fast-paced environment
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.